Welcome to Ópusztaszer Heritage Park!
In five distinct areas, the Heritage Park
- Exhibits one of Europe’s largest panorama paintings, the Feszty-panorama: Arrival of the Conquering Hungarians into the Carpathian Basin
- Invites visitors to discover the archeological excavations of a medieval monastery
- Raises awareness and appreciation of nature, and understanding of the history of the region through exhibits in the eco-friendly Csete yurts
- Replicates village life in a living Open Air Museum with 15 reconstructed buildings from the Interwar Period, and
- Offers a visually capturing display of traditional Hungarian horsemanship, including archery, horseback wrestling, racing, and outfits dating back to the time of Genghis Khan and earlier.
Here at Ópusztaszer Heritage Park history is brought to life for thousands of visitors annually through family-oriented presentations, original costumes, and thrilling events and adventures. Come, “Step Into the Past” at Ópusztaszer.
March 31 – October 31: Tuesday – Sunday: 10.00 AM–06.00 PM (Summer season)
November 1 - March 30: Tuesday - Sunday: 10.00 AM - 04.00 PM (Winter season)
In Winter season outdoor exhibitions (Farms of Heritage Village (skansen), Dam Keeper's House, Roadman's House, Forester's House, Csete Yurts) are closed. Services of the Nomadic Park suspended for the Winter season.
"Feszty and His Age" guided tours:
- Every 30 minutes during open hours
- To avoid disappointment, pre-booking is advised.
Several community groups and organizations use Park facilities regularly and offer programs and instructional and entertaining demonstrations.